These are Jaime Oliver’s “Happy Cow” burgers. Moo. Enjoy.
Ingredients: throw into food processor:
- 1 cup (240 grams) of mixed cooked beans (garbanzo, borlotti, kidney, cannelini, etc)*
- 200 grams frozen broad beans
- A clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- One small red onion – very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon flour
- Some grated zest of lemon (not too much)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper as per your liking
- Chopped fresh parsley or coriander (a good handful)
Whir in food processor until chunkily combined. Divide into four equal portions, form into patties (coat hands with a little flour to keep mixture workable)
Heat about 1 tsp (5ml) olive oil in a non-stick or ceramic frying pan.
Fry until golden. Serve on buns that have been gently warmed in the oven. Top with garnishes: lettuce, sliced tomatoes. sliced pickles, crumbled feta, thin onion slices – whatever you like on your burgers! Lovely served with homemade coleslaw on the side.
* If using canned beans, ensure that you drain them well (and rinse as well if there are preservatives present). A 400 gram can will yield 240 grams of beans when drained.